Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Slight Change of Plans

Hello all my readers, my apologies for not posting sooner, but I've been doing some thinking, planning, time management, etc, etc and I think I'm going to alter the events. I'm going to be doing my own challenge, which will be the same as the Congressional Award Challenge, BUT it WILL NOT be part of the Congressional Award. The reason behind my madness? In order to be eligible for a Congressional Award I need to complete so many hours (see last post for details) of Voluntary Public Service, Personal Development, Physical Training, and Expedition. I had all my details planned out, but then I realized: there are only seven days in a week, on top of school, sports, and religious activities there was no way I could add so many hours of stuff!!  Most of my religious activities could be counted as Voluntary Public Service and Personal Development, but the Congressional award does not recognize religious activities as a part of any category of the award. :( So in short, I had two options: drop church stuff or drop official Congressional Award. I chose the latter. So, my friends, here are my updated goals. Starting September 1st,   my plan is to post between 3-5 days per week with pictures and updates. But without further ado:

Voluntary Public Service: Theater Classes for homeschooling group, Choir for Church, and being co-coordinator for a local pro-life teen group.

Personal Development: Teaching piano lessons and (possibly) starting to sell homemade (by me) cakes

Physical Training: Training for local 5k (3.1mi) races and playing on a local recreational basketball team

Expedition: Camping trip to the mountains, including hiking the tallest waterfall in eastern USA!! (I'm really excited for this one!!!)

One last note:
I've added links to the website list. Each link corresponds with a different activity. Check them out!

Until Next Time....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure God is happy to see you pick Him over other activities. But, it's also great to see that you're still going to set goals for yourself. I can't wait to see it all play out; best of luck and God be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choice! Oh, and I will totally buy a cake!! Can you mail them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I'll need it. :)

    ReplyDelete