Saturday, August 20, 2011

Running and Cake

Those two words sum up my life. 

I'm kidding, don't worry. But I wanted to update you on my running and ask for some help with my cakes. Taste testing help. Now, you're obviously hooked. :) Boring part first: running. I'm entering a race in the end of September. It's 3.1 miles and I'm starting to train now. I've clocked a path in my neighborhood with the same distance and I can run it in about 25 minutes. My goal time for this first race is 22 minutes. I obviously have some work to do. 
 
I'm looking for some taste testers from my town to eat and comment on a free (!!!!) and probably totally delicious cake. So if you are interested, here are the requirements: 

You must:
-Live in my town (you know who you are...) 
-Like cake.
-Agree not to sue me if you somehow get sick after eating my cake.
-Comment if you're interested. 
-Give me your firstborn child in exchange for a free cake. 

Types of Cakes:
Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate Zuchinni Cake (with chocolate glaze)
Gingerbread Cake (with vanilla glaze) 
Spice Cake (with vanilla glaze)
Pumpkin Molasses Cake (with lemon glaze/icing) 
Angel Food Cake (vanilla and chocolate glaze)

NOTE: When you comment, please specify what cake you'd like to try. Don't be shy, all of these cakes have to be tested before I go into business. 

Hasta la vez próxima, mis amigos! (Until next time, my friends!)

6 comments:

  1. "I'm looking for some taste testers"
    "free cake"
    "Chocolate Zuchinni Cake (with chocolate glaze)"
    EMILY, THIS IS NOT FAIR!! I have never wanted to move as much as I want to now!! ;) I would gladly give my firstborn child for some chocolate zuchini cake!

    Have you considered making it a cupcake business? Cupcakes are really in right now, plus they're adorable and I know how good you are at decorating them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily!
    Your blog looks great! You are so talented and have so many gifts! I had no idea you were into baking! Does our family count as "in-towners". If so, I would love to try your Chocolate Zuchinni Cake if you would like us to be taste testers :) All of your cakes sound delicious! :) Best wishes with your training for the upcoming race! 25 minutes for a 5K is awesome! My best was 24 something. I think you can make your 22 minute goal! Go for it! Chat with you soon! Mrs. T. Smith :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary: Well, we might be able to work something out. SInce we're friends who have decorated cute cakes AND cupcakes, then you can just name your first child after me. :) Would it be giving too much away if I remind you that I'll be near you around your birthday? About cupcakes: yes, I did realize they're popular, but there are so many other cupcake stores with MUCH cuter cupcakes. :/

    Mrs. Smith: You absolutely count as "in-towners". I'll give you the cake at theater practice. I appreciate your encouragement for the race. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you will make me a cake when you come up to PA?! I will name my first girl Emily and my first boy Emile! (Emile is a name, right?)
    True, there are a lot of cupcake places! I love the functional-ness of cupcakes though. You always have a "buy this cake as cupcakes" option! But as long as cake is involved somehow everything is awesome!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll accept that. :) Once I post a list of cakes, tell me which one you want and I'll bring it up for your birthday. :) The "buy this as cupcakes" option sounds awesome. You wouldn't mind if I stole it would you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHOCOLATE ZUCHINNI CAKE. Please! :9
    No, you can't steal it because I'm going to use it for MY cake company! Oh wait–I can't cook! Guess you can steal it after all! ;)

    ReplyDelete